Remembering Trevor Darty 🧡🖤💛

Updated: Aug 2, 2020

Today The Awareness Project remembers Trevor Dylan Darty.

3 years ago today, Trevor who was on his lunch break went to lay down before returning to work. Shortly after Trevor was found unresponsive by his roomate. Sadly Trevor did not recover and lost his life at the age of 20 years old. It was determined by the medical examiner Trevor had suffered a sudden cardiac arrest caused by the energy drinks.

Studies have shown just one can of an energy drink has shown to raise norepinephrine levels (stress hormone) and affect endothelial function by causing a narrowing of the blood vessels and restricted blood flow by 50%. This can create a blood flow-demand imbalance which is the classic setup for ischemia in the heart muscle, which can lead to ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation and sudden cardiac arrest.

We'd like to thank Trevor's mother Donnette for sharing Trevor’s story with us and helping to educate others about the dangers of these products.

PLEASE take the time to read Trevor's story and be sure to share this post using the social media icons below to help us continue to raise awareness ⚡️

For more information about the dangers of energy drinks and preworkout supplements please visit our Facebook group Energy Drink & Preworkout Awareness and our

website www.theawarenessproject.life.


#arrhythmia #awareness