• TAP

Remembering Andrew James🧡🖤💛

Updated: Aug 2

Today The Awareness Project remembers Andrew “Drew” James.

19 yr old Drew stopped off at his local convenience store to purchase an energy drink. Shortly after consuming, Drew went into sudden cardiac arrest. Drew’s cousin and friends who were with him tried desperately to revive him but sadly, he had already lost his life. Drew’s death is a reminder why it’s important to educate the public about the dangers of energy drinks.


Just one can has shown to raise norepinephrine levels (stress hormone) and affect endothelial function by causing a narrowing of the blood vessels and restricted blood flow by 50%. This can create a blood flow-demand imbalance which is the classic setup for ischemia in the heart muscle, which can lead to ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation and sudden cardiac arrest.


Thank you to Drew’s mother Cheryl who has shared Drew’s story with us and continues to raise awareness about the dangers energy drinks.

Please help us continue to raise awareness by sharing Drew’s story, our website and Facebook group with your family and friends.

Read Andrew’s Story👇🏼 http://bit.ly/2W3TFoZ


#arrhythmia #awareness #caffeine #cardiacarrest #dangerous #deadly #doyourresearch #education #energydrink #energydrinks #energydrinkawareness #heartarrhythmia #itonlytakesone #realizetherisk #russianroulette #suddencardiacarrest #suddencardiacdeath #supplements #TAP #theawarenessproject

45 views
THE
AWARENESS
PROJECT

We are passionate about informing the public to the dangers of energy drinks and pre-workout supplements in hopes of saving more lives from being lost.

Email: info@tapforlife.org

Phone: 949-401-3001

Get Monthly Updates
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

© 2023 The Awareness Project |  Terms of Use  |   Privacy Policy