Deadly Caffeine Powder⚡️☠️

21 yr old Lachlan Foote lost his life due to acute caffeine toxicity in early 2018, after ingesting just a teaspoon of pure caffeine powder.

Following Lachlan’s death, a review was conducted which revealed these products pose a high risk to people in the community, and the Australian and New Zealand government banned concentrated caffeine food products from retail sale.

In August 2019, Health Ministers asked Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ), to review the safety of these products. Their risk assessment found small amounts of these substances (less than a teaspoon) can cause severe health effects, including death. Because the products were banned under an urgent proposal, FSANZ is required by the FSANZ Act to review its original decision and determine whether to reaffirm, amend or repeal it. The assessment of the original decision confirmed that the sale of pure or highly concentrated forms of caffeine to consumers is an unacceptable risk.

Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) is calling for public comment on its review of the ban.

*If you are a resident of Australia or New Zealand PLEASE PLEASE make your voice heard.

⚠️ Its IMPERATIVE awareness continues to be raised about the danger of these products.

Above all else, governments must make public safety priority over corporate profits.